Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Venus and Mars Lip Detox

I've always thought that my lips are hopeless. I thought that it's in its nature to be chappy and therefore ugly. I use petroleum jelly (pj) at night before I go to sleep to relieve it from chapping. PJ gives a temporary cure, cause in the morning there is peeling, revealing smoother lips. Toothbrushing it would do the trick and my lips would be all prepped up to apply lipgloss. But as I have said, PJ only gives temporary relief, cause after a few hours my lips would get dry and then would chap again and the lipgloss on my mouth would look yucky. I don't like to use PJ when I get out cause I don't want to look like I have just eaten lechon so I bring a balm instead and that is what I use. I've only used a few balms, one from nivea and the other from lipsmackers. Both disappointed me, but I never blamed it on the products cause I thought the problem was my lips. I totally lost hope and then I read about Venus and Mars Lip Detox. There were many raves about this product so I gave lip balms another chance and ordered this item online.


Why I Love: It is organic! I've been using this for about a month and it totally smoothened my lips even on just the first night of using it. Continued use and I said goodbye to chapped lips forever. hah! I have to reapply once or twice a day but that is okay cause it is not greasy. It has a minty effect on the lips, just like when you've just brushed your teeth, that would last for about 5 minutes or so. I only put lipgloss on top and I am all set. Happy! :)

Ingredients: Emu oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Sunflower Oil, Jojoba Wax, Peppermint, Beeswax, Vitamin E Oil
Packaging: Clean, cute and very handy.
Availability: Can be ordered online through Venusandmars08.multiply.com but there are also resellers so meet-ups can also be done.
Price: Reasonable price. It costs P170 but I paid P220 including P50 shipping. Not that pricey cause it would last for months.

Would definitely purchase this product again! My HG lipbalm :)

5 comments:

  1. hmmm.might wanna try venus and mars. :)

    hope you could visit my blog! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it is a good buy :) thanks for visiting i'll drop by your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried it na.. sarap sa lips, leaving it smooth.. better siya kesa sa petroleum jelly. i use it before I sleep and binibase ko din sa lipstick ko..

    I heard na it will make my lips pinkish. I am hoping hahaha since I keep on using lipstick everyday, I'm just worried na umitim lips ko kakalipstick. Keeping my fingers crossed.. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo ela may bukas pa kaya wala kang mawalan ng pag-asa hehe :D

    ako nga masaya na ko sa lips ko. hindi sya red pero hindi rin sya dark. natural color lang hindi maputla

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiyaaaah this is the only VandM product i've tried and i am really happy about it :) i also have dry lips (and really really lazy in putting on anything on it) but when i used this, natuwa ako ng bongga, and there, regularly ko na syagamit. so far i noticed naglighten yung lips ko, and smooth sya even after a day of single application lang :)

    ReplyDelete