Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Face Shop Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Oil (Migamsu)

This is the first Cleansing Oil I have ever bought and used. I purchased this product because I started to use Blemish Balm creams and I feel that my Celeteque Facial Wash is too gentle to remove all traces of BB Cream. Everything written is just my observation and opinion.

I have used this once on the face when I had Dr. Jart's BB Cream on and I had bumps the next day. I don't blame it solely on the product though cause I felt that I applied it all wrong. I had difficulty using this product because it is very runny, almost water-like. I've known about this the first time I tried it on TFS but I thought that that is how cleansing oils are so I bought it anyway. But then when I started using it, it drips out of my hand so fast before I can even put it on my face. I also don't know how much cleansing oil I should use and I think I did not use warm water afterwards. I just rinsed it off with tap water and then proceeded immediately with my facial wash. One thing I am very sure about though is that it stings the eyes big time so I had difficulty removing the concealer under my eyes. And I also like its mild scent.

So this product must have not worked for me mainly because I don't know how to use it, not because it is really not effective. So just to demonstrate how effective it is in removing make up I roadtested it on my hand.

The product's claim:
"A refreshingly light cleansing oil for exquisitely clean skin."
Formulated with the traditional rice oil used by women of the Korean Royal Court as well as botanical Moringa Oil, this refreshingly light cleansing oil thoroughly removes even the heaviest makeup and washes off easily with water.

Experiment:
Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof
Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation topped with
Ellana Sheer Velvet High Definition Mineral Finishing Powder (White Chocolate)
Cotton
TFS Brightening Rice Water Cleansing Oil

Result:
For a 1/4 pump of the oil, it was able to remove the foundation including the ballpen ink, haha! It also erased the waterproof eyeliner, however, only after rubbing it in a circular motion for like 20 times or so. Imagine if that was your eyes. Que Horror! It left an oily residue but was easily removed with warm water. My hand feels, looks and smells clean afterwards, so much more if it was double cleansed with facial wash.

Ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Ethylhexandate, Caprylic Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraolaeate, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Water, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Aleurities Moluccana Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract
Packaging: With box. Very oriental and calming design. Hygienic and avoids waste with its easy-pump bottle with lock. The container is slender enough so it won't take up so much space.
Availability: The Face Shop Stores
Price: P600+ for 150 mL/5.07 FL OZ

3 comments: