Thursday, June 11, 2009

Aspirin Mask

I first came to know about Aspirin Mask on GT and from then on I started researching about its effectiveness before I put it to the test. It has a lot of positive feedbacks on MUA, Acne.Org and also different blogs, and the reviews are enough to convince me to try it myself. Now, the key thing in doing this mask is moderation. Once or twice a week for oily and blemished skin. For dry and sensitive skin, twice a month. Never over do it or it would lose its effects. It may also dry out the skin and cause flaking. Plus, it's bad to take too much aspirin cause even if this is applied on your face and not taken internally, still it gets absorbed and processed by the body.

There are alot of versions of this mask but I try to keep it plain and simple to see the real effects of aspirin.

How I do it:
I dissolve 3 pieces of uncoated aspirin into a half a tsp. of distilled water.
This should form a grainy mixture.
I apply it on my clean and dry face using my fingers in a circular motion.
I let the grains exfoliate my skin at the same time.
I avoid the eye area and I make sure nothing gets in my nose or I'll sneeze a lot.
Wait for 20-30 minutes and then I rinse with plain water.
Use Toner and Moisturizer.

Sometimes I add a dollop of honey into the mixture.
The honey serves as my binding agent and moisturizer.
Plus it smells really sweet and yummy! hehe



Why it should Work:
Aspirin is made out of Salicylic Acid or BetraHydroxy Acid (BHA) which is also a component of many skincare products. BHA is known to help tremendously with cleaning pores from deep inside and therefore contribute to keeping our skin blemish-free. BHAs are efficient on existing blemishes as well, by helping them heal faster and keeping pores clean afterwards.

Why I Love: It is effective yet very very very cheap! Whenever I do this I feel like a thin film coats my face which makes it soft and supple. I can also see that my face looks cleaner as it exfoliates dead skin cells and removes white heads. It is not a blackhead extractor but it lessens the blackheads in my nose a bit. The pores on my cheek also appear smaller and it help tame down the redness of my zits. On the average like 1 out of 3 tiny zits.

Ingredients: Distilled water, 80mg Bayer uncoated aspirin, honey (optional)
Availability: Drugstores. I think Mercury sells it cheaper than Watson's
Price: P1.60 - P2 for 80mg

I keep on doing this once a week to exfoliate my skin and also to control my pimples. I love this mask so so much! :)

(pictures to follow)

Update as of 06/26/2009: I was not able to do this for 2 weeks but recently I felt the need to do this mask again cause I am having a major breakout huhu like 10 very red pimples popped out. Because of my face's worsened condition I increased the number of aspirins i used to 5 pieces and fortunately it helped soothed some of them like they are not as red as before. It also brightened up my face and it looks cleaner despite the pimples I have. I am still too lazy to take pictures haha

The benefit of aspirin is lifted from http://ezinearticles.com/?DIY-Skin-Savers:-The-Aspirin-Mask&id=171592

18 comments:

  1. Hi, so you do this once a week and it should probably cost me 6 pesos? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i've tried this aspirin mask na, 2months nq gumagamit and its really good and effective.. it leaves my skin smooth.

    iba ung version ko nito, instead of water i use cetaphil, 2-3 tablet of aspirin and add a little lemon or calamansi.. sometimes i add vitamin a and e and anyone can use and try it, so easy to do and its affordable

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup P6 only and if you even buy at mercury it would be cheaper. haha. it can even be cheaper than P6. how cool is that?lol

    i only do it once a week and i chose (3) 80mg tablets just to be sure i am not overdoing it, since i don't have much blemishes to begin with. there are higher doses though. but still it would not cost much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ela yours is expensive hehe but i'm sure the effect is way better since you combo it with cetaphil. and cetaphil by itself, already has some effect on the skin's smoothness and softness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ! I should try this one :)
    Kelan po application nito? Evening? :)
    Is it okay if there's no honey? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah ok lang kung walang honey
    pero walang mag bind dun sa aspirin granules
    and make sure nothing gets into your nose
    kasi pag walang honey tapos nag sneeze ka lilipad yung aspirin particles. nakakatawa talaga.haha!
    you can do it anytime of the day kasi parang normal mask lang naman siya
    you wash it off naman after 20 to 30 minutes e
    pero ako personally i do it at night yung malapit na ko matulog para feeling ko ang ganda ko next day hehe :D
    be sure lang you are not allergic to aspirin ha hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis, i bought na.
    What I bought is parang maliit siya na medyo may pagka yellowish na and nakasulat sa likod is Aspilets Aspirin 80mg. Tama ba nabili ko? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no. sana yung uncoated kasi mahirap matunaw ang coated and baka magkulay sa mukha. sorry antagal ko magrep super busy sa school. nagawa mo na ba? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hindi po eh, ang nakakainis pa, naglakad ako ulit papuntang hypermat to buy uncoated aspirin(ganun ako ka desperdate) HAHA. Tapos wala silang uncoated :( I bought kasi sa watsons. Saan kaya meron?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh too bad. sa mercury rin naman meron. sayang naman! try mo na lang sa iba pang drugstores pag napadaan ka. tapos update mo ko hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi girl! i super love this entry! i might try that aspirin mask... :) i officially love your blog. i'll add you on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello poh wala poh bng side effect pagaraw araw gamitin ung aspirin. at my nabili poh aq aspirin antithrombotic xa tama poh ba un tnx in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  13. what toner ang magandang gamitin?

    ReplyDelete
  14. DAPAT HO BA WET OR DRY ANG FACE PAG NAGAPPLY NG ASPIRIN MASK?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ana po bang klase ng aspirin ang iyong ginamit? pde po bang aspirin (aspilet)?

    ReplyDelete
  16. sis pwede ba ung aspirin aspilet gamitin sa pimple ung kulay yellow hirap maghanap ng uncoated/white ubusan :/ pls. reply asap thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sis pwede ba ung aspirin aspilet gamitin sa pimple ung kulay yellow hirap maghanap ng uncoated/white ubusan :/ pls. reply asap thanks :)

    ReplyDelete